Ho Chi Minh City

Labor union presents 35,500 coach, airline tickets to needy workers

The Ho Chi Minh City Labor Union yesterday implemented a plan to present 35,500 coach and airline tickets to penniless workers so that they can  return their hometowns to celebrate Tet holiday ( the Lunar New Year).

Labor union presents 35,500 coach, airline tickets to needy workers

The program “Tam ve nghia tinh” (Ticket with love) is a part of activities to take care of laborers in the upcoming Tet holiday.
The program organizer encouraged employers to pay 70 percent of a ticket and the union will cover the remaining of 30 percent to give to impoverished laborers.
This year, all workers including those suffer labor accidents, those from disaster-hit areas, those whose spouses suffer incurable diseases and unemployed workers of bankrupted companies will receive support from the union on the occasion of the Tet holiday.
In addition, members of cyclo driver unions, waste collector unions and laborers in sanitation service companies will also receive care of the city labor union.
Most of all, 500 airline tickets will be presented to exemplary laborers who have not returned their hometowns to celebrate the Tet holiday for five years. The city union will organize a gathering to present gifts to 300 destitute members of unions.
Labor unions and benefactors will sponsor ticket price for workers in enterprises, which are in arrears of workers' salaries and bonuses or unemployed workers of dissolved or bankrupt companies or company owners fleeing away.

By THAI PHUONG - Translated by ANH QUAN

Other news