Director of the province’s Department of Health Nay Phi La yesterday said that the Preventive Medicine Center has taken samples for testing to decide whether the girl died of the fatal disease.
Before, the baby girl in H’rinh village in Ea H’dinh Commune was August 29 experiencing fatigue and breathing problem; therefore, she was taken a medical facility in Cu M’gar for examination and then transferred to the bigger general hospital for further treatment.
Physicians in the hospital detected toxin on H’S.Y’s throat so they thought that she was infected with diphtheria. The girl died in the night on the same day.
Deputy Chairman of Ea H’dinh People’s Committee Tran Minh Dao said that the local administration and health authority have disinfected the girl’s neighborhood and gave medicine to residents,
Additionally, health authority took ten infected people to the hospitals for checkup.
According to Deputy Chairman Dao, the girl’s parents and one neighbor kid are positive for the fatal disease.
A type of bacteria called Corynebacterium diphtheriae causes diphtheria. The condition is typically spread through person-to-person contact or through contact with objects that have the bacteria on them, such as a cup or used tissue.
The bacteria most commonly infect your nose and throat. Once you’re infected, the bacteria release dangerous substances called toxins. The toxins spread through your bloodstream and often cause a thick, gray coating to form in these areas of the body including nose, throat, tongue, airway.