Health

9 year old boy’s hand amputated in flashlight explosion

A nine year old boy in the north-central province of Thanh Hoa lost his right hand in an flashlight explosion.

Tha nine year  old boy at the hospital with amputated hand (Photo: SGGP)

Tha nine year old boy at the hospital with amputated hand (Photo: SGGP)

The Children Hospital in Thanh Hoa Province yesterday said that the nine year old boy was rushed to the infirmary with a severely injured right hand on November 16.
According to the boy’s relative, the boy had tried to unplug a flashlight from an electric socket at around 7:30 AM on the day when he heard a ‘pop’ coming from the device, which was being charged.
The flashlight abruptly exploded while the boy was holding it in his right hand which was severely injured.
The boy was taken to a local medical clinic for first aid and then transferred to Thanh Hoa Province Children’s Hospital.
Because his hand was seriously damaged, surgeons had no choice but performed emergency surgery to amputate the patient’s injured right hand.
The boy will be discharged in a few days.
The family had reported to the local administration. Competent agencies are carrying out the investigation for the incident.

By DUY CUONG - Translated by UYEN PHUONG

Other news