The Awards was established in 2008 by the HCMC People’s Committee. This year’s contest marks its 10th anniversary, with the expansion from four to six groups of awards for businesses, organizations, and individuals working in the fields of information technology, communications, ICT application as well as excellent students of those majors.
According to Director Duong Anh Duc of the HCMC Department of Information and Communications, the number of prizes this year doubles the one of last year in order to encourage all participating teams.
It is worth mentioning that the confidentiality of products in the contest will be guaranteed so that even startup people are able to register. The criteria of the awards related to startup businesses will focus on the potential and the commercialization capacity.
In 2018, HCMC is running the major project ‘Transforming HCMC into a smart city in the period from 2017 – 2020, with a vision to 2025’, which is a great chance to develop high-tech sub projects or take advantage of open-source data to create an ecosystem for valuable utility products, hence the theme of this year’s ICT Awards.
The 10th ICT Awards will be divided into six groups of
· Group 1: Enterprises with outstanding software solutions
· Group 2: Enterprises with outstanding hardware products
· Group 3: Enterprises with outstanding value-added services
· Group 4: Organizations with outstanding ICT applications
· Group 5: Organizations and individuals with outstanding achievements to contribute to the ICT development of the city
· Group 6: ICT students with excellent results in learning and researching
The organization board receives nominated documents from August 10 to October 1, 2018, after which is the evaluation time from October 1 to November 9, 2018.
The awards ceremony is expected to be held on December 15, 2018.