Old man eats rat poison by mistake

A 91-year-old man has been admitted to the Central Military Hospital in Hanoi after he mistook the bail for candy, said the hospital.

Old man eats rat poison by mistake

Relatives of the old man said that he had no symptoms after eating the rat poison containing warfarin. Fortunately, he was hospitalized right after the accident and doctors had enough time for an antidote or stomach pump.
The old man was discharged after five-day treatment.
The anticoagulant drug warfarin is widely used to prevent and treat deep-vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism, and to prevent stroke in patients who have atrial fibrillation, valvular heart disease, or a prosthetic heart valve. It is used to kill rats also.

By H. Q - Translated by UYEN PHUONG

Other news