Following the success of the first scholarship award from Vietnam Van Thinh Phat Group Holdings Scholarships for the 2013 academic year, Van Thinh Phat Group Holdings continues to offer 02 (two) full scholarships for the 2014 academic year with value of HK$ 200,000 per year for each award to Vietnamese students to study in The University of Hong Kong (HKU-China).
|Full scholarships include all necessary costs, related to the academic and student activities while studying at the University of Hong Kong, including admission fee, registration fee procedures visa fees, airfare, hostel fees and other personal expenses.|
HKU has often been regarded as the best international university in Asia, and is currently ranked as the 26th best University in the world (according to Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) World University Rankings 2013). It currently attracts tens of thousands of applications worldwide for undergraduate study, and has highly competitive academic admissions standards on a world scale. There are students with over 80 different nationalities on campus today. The Scholarship shall be awarded to those aiming to study the following majors:
1. Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting and Finance;
2. Any undergraduate programme offered by the Faculty of Architecture; and
3. Any undergraduate programme offered by the Faculty of Engineering.
This full scholarship covers all necessary expenses (*) related to education and living of scholars throughout their study in HKU including application fee, Visa fee, tuition fee, airfares, accommodation and personal living expenses. The Scholarship shall be tenable throughout the course of study subject to a satisfactory academic performance being maintained, i.e. GPA of 2.8 or above.
|The scholarship will be continued during the students if academic achievement of students who meet the requirements, equivalent GPA (Grade Point Average) - from an average of 2.8 points or more.admission fee, registration fee procedures visa fees, airfare, hostel fees and other personal expenses.|
The Vietnam Van Thinh Phat Group Holdings Scholarship aims at 1st-year students currently studying at any public universities or 12th-graders at any high schools in Vietnam, especially needy ones, with the following requirements:
- An average of 8 marks over 10 of all 3 subjects in the past Entrance Exam (for freshman students); or
- An average of 8 marks over 10 of all subjects in Grade 10, 11 and first semester of Grade 12 (for 12th-graders at public high schools); or
- An achievement score of 39 and above under IB assessment system (for 12th-graders at international high schools); and
- A minimum overall band of 6.5 with no subtest lower than 5.5 in the International English Language Testing System (IELTS);/ a score of 550 or above (paper-based test) or 80 or above (internet-based test) in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL).
1. Application can be submitted from November 13th to November 28th, 2013 Application includes
i. Personal Statement letter
iii. Copies of Academic documentations: confirmation of the current university, result of the past entrance exam, academic report of Year 10 – 12 (first semester of grade 12), and valid test report form in English competence.
iv. Copies of Personal documentations: ID, Household registry, temporary residence record
2. Interview: Candidates who have been admitted by the HKU for a study programme will be interviewed by the Scholarship Selection Committee.
|Candidates file as Hong Kong University will be accepting scholarship selection committee invited for an interview.|
Only successful candidates shall be informed and invited to a meeting with the top management of Van Thinh Phat Group Holdings Company Limited, and are required to sign a Bonding Agreement as a commitment to have a working position at the Company or associates upon graduation.
(*) Note: The full scholarship does not cover certain costs of application such as costs of document dispatch, costs of notarizing documents (if any), other miscellaneous costs and costs incurred going beyond the scholarship amount. It is the responsibility of the student to cover these additional costs.
All Applications shall be sent to the following address:
Attention: Ms. Tran Thi Yen Phuong – Hoa Thuan Phat Corporation
Van Thinh Phat Building
193 – 203 Tran Hung Dao Street, Co Giang Ward
District 1, Ho Chi Minh City (Room 217)
For any queries, kindly contact us at (08) 3920 9170 or via email@example.com